Thursday, October 25, 2007

Week 11... already?

Greetings, internet. As we move into week 11 (it feels like the semester just started, doesn't it?), I'm already looking forward to our next assignment, the rhythmic editing. Not really knowing what all it is, it sounds fun on paper. All that really comes to mind is some of the rhythmic sequences in Requiem for a Dream or the "Cool beans" sequence in Hot Rod, for those of you who got a chance to see that gem in theatres.
I've also been thinking about the 48-hour race and what I'm going to do, what I will film with, and who I may want to use as actors. I really don’t want to go too far in pre-production because the mystery prop may not fit in with what I want to do. My plan is to wait it out for about another month before I start to focus solely on that project. The challenge is going to be fun though, I can sense it.
In Experimental film, we also have an Installation piece due that final night and, from what we've discussed so far, our group should definitely rock the place and/or cause some very confused/sensory overloaded brain cells. Just so everyone's prepared...

No comments: