Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Reaction to Assignment 6

In response to our newly assigned 48 hour film race, I'm nothing but excited about the whole experience. I like the whole idea of limiting what we can/can’t use to film footage on. Now it’s time to see who’s creative and not who has the best equipment/access to equipment. Also I like the idea of a mystery prop to endure no one will get too far ahead of everyone else. I also liked being put under a time limit because its only under pressure that my brain starts to get kicking.
After just completing a self portrait project where I used footage taken from my digital still camera, I'm pretty confident that my camera will work more than fine to film my subjects with. That's a good thing too because my cell phone camera is pretty horrible. Being the only camera I really have, my Kodak has taken some great shots and some okay video, so this won’t be an exception.
Also, I’m looking forward to the final viewing of everyone’s projects. It’ll be the end of the semester and everyone will in a good mood, having a good time. Last year’s end-of-semester 201 project viewing was a lot of fun and I didn’t really know a lot of people then. This year, I’ve met a lot of new and cool people and think my film and editing skills have definitely improved enough to produce a good quality video, even if the film’s quality itself is somewhat lacking.

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

Great! Glad to see you're exited. As far as the cell phone photos, "horrible" might actually be ideal when you see the prop - not that I'm giving ANY hints. But there might be a time for those "horrible" photos and a time for pristine Fridays-at-the-Farm-type photos. It all depends on how the "camera" of choice is motivated by the story/concept.