Monday, September 24, 2007

In-class Developing

Greetings. Thursdays class was yet another interesting one as we learned how to develop film on our own. This was definitely all brand new to me so I was pretty lost when Andre was explaining all of the substances needed to develop the film. It started to make more sense after the full demo though. I really dug the class's experiment and how the film strip came out. I think next week's class will be even better as we split up and get to create our own masterpieces. I've been searching my apartment for small items to create cool textures and outcomes on the film strip. Also, I've been thinking about what kind of concept/theme we would want this film to have, and its tough to have a theme when we have to basically just make it out of shapes and items, especially never having done anything like this sort of thing before. It should be another learning experience to say the very least.
Another thing about Thursday's class that I dug was seeing some of the film manipulations and seeing some of the class members's different interpretations of the elements. There were a few sequences that really had me thinking "Now how did they do that??" I can't wait for this weeks class to see more interpretations and also debut my own manipulated filmstrip.
Catch ya then.

No comments: